Saturday, March 31, 2007

an evening out


Last night, Jon and I had an opportunity to go to a concert. We were invited by someone involved with the music ministry of Michael W. Smith. Jon's name ended up being among those on a list to receive complimentary tickets to Michael W. Smith's concert as well as a "meet and greet" session. We had a great time at the show and heard some of his old stuff as well as his new songs. He's basically the quintessential Christian music artist of today (as well as the last 20 years). He's still going strong and making new albums--not something that many artists can say for themselves. While I don't always prefer his music over others, I must admit that he's very talented which is demonstrated by his longevity in the field. I'm not normally one to be too enthralled with "celebrity" but this was so fun since I've been listening to his music for so many years. Oh, and Jon and I look totally dorky with our little stickers on our shirts but oh well!


Jon and I are blessed to have a wonderful couple in our church who love Dylan and take care of him. Bob and Pat were here last night to play with him, feed him, and put him to bed. As last night was the longest amount of time we've ever spent away from him, we did miss him. I fought the urge to call home and I rested with the assurance that he was in some wonderful hands. Thanks, Bob and Pat, for allowing us to have a fun date night together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"friends are friends forever..." isn't that how it goes? Ohhhh...Smitty.

Anonymous said...

Rachel - you stole my line! I was totally going to comment with the same line. Sigh...I guess that's why we are friends. :)

trace said...

cool! we saw him when I was pregnant with Em...remember how she used to bounce when she was little? we blamed it on that MWS concert!

hope you are well. missed you at GG's party.