It seems as though every stage of life prompts a question from those with whom I come into contact. For instance, at the end of my high school years the question was, "What are your college plans?" A year or two later the continual question of "What is your major?" seemed to appear in every conversation. My engagement prompted inquiries of "How is the wedding planning going?" You get the picture. Anyway, the question I am currently faced with is,
"Is Dylan sleeping through the night?"
to which I answer with a red-eyed, frazzled, emphatic "NO and please don't keep asking me!" I probably refrain from leaving out everything after the "NO" and that may seem a bit harsh that I'm even thinking those thoughts but I don't know where my previously content sleeper went. His first six months or so were really generally good as far as sleeping was concerned. He slept so much in his first month or two and then he worked up to about 8 hours at night when he first was put to bed. He'd then wake, eat, and sleep for another 3 or 4 hours. Where oh where has that baby gone??? People assured me that when I gave him solids he'd sleep even MORE soundly and longer. He had not been a "by the book" baby to that point in his life so what made me think he'd start then? Well, he is on solids (has been since his 6 month b-day, April 14th) and he is sleeping less than ever! I guess this too shall pass. Thanks for reading my little vent of the day.
This photo shows a peaceful sleepy Dylan. It was taken a couple months ago when he was doing really well with his sleeping. I'm currently in possession of three sleep books-- The No-Cry Sleep Solution, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and Baby Wise. I'll let you know if I get a chance to read them and if they've impacted our lives in any way. And don't get me wrong--I love my little boy dearly. His unwillingness to miss out on anything the world has to offer his little brain is not causing me to love him any less. Not that you were worried about that, I am sure!

3 comments:
But he looks like such a sound sleeper in that picture! :(
ok, that was depressing!! I have been bragging how Ayva sleeps from like 9pm, does a "dream feed at 11pm" and then wakes up around 6pm and goes back down for another 4 hours. But, she is only 10 weeks...so I shouldn't get too excited, huh? By the way, Dylan is SO cute!
haha...just realized I said 6 PM...that would mean she is awake negative hours! ummm, no! Can you tell I'm sleep deprived? Just because she sleeps that much, doens't mean i do! lol.
Post a Comment