Monday, July 02, 2007

interesting sign...thankfully not our church!


The purpose of this blog really is to keep family and friends up to date on what's happening with Dylan and Jon and myself. However, as Jon and I passed by this church sign the other day, we just had to snap a photo. Let me be clear, this is NOT our church! But we have to admit that we get a kick out of so many of the signs that churches (namely Baptist churches) have and the marquis comments they display. You can be sure that Jon and I did not attend the "Christian Suffering" at 11 that is posted for all to see on this sign. Why would we willingly subject ourselves to that? On a serious note, though, the signs we come across can tend to be rather disturbing. And so many of the ones that are not disturbing just don't make sense. I try to believe that these churches mean well, but I don't think that a sign is really the way to impact people. This is just a little glimpse into the city of Asheville and something that we see on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... oh my!!

Makes me wonder what it really means. How oddly relevant to many of the religious services (because sometimes that's all the are) in churches today. :(

Anonymous said...

PS It's Amanda if you didn't figure it out (probably did!) Hah. :)

Have a happy fourth!