Wednesday, March 19, 2008

very quick connecticut trip

Last weekend, we drove to Connecticut and back for my cousin's wedding. Dylan had a lot of fun playing with both sets of grandparents, his GG (great grandma), Uncle Mat and Anne, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Rick and cousin Jeremiah. We stayed with Nanny and Grandpa Samuelson and Dylan seemed to enjoy rocking as much as he could on this rocker in the den. This was one of the only pictures in our camera of the entire weekend. I'll have to try to get a wedding photo on here at some point as well.

The ride to Connecticut went quite well. A family from our church lended us a dvd player for our car. Be careful of the things you say you'll "never" do with your kids! The car dvd player was a life-saver even though I heard myself swearing them off years ago. Boy, was I ever wrong!

The ride back to Virginia from Connecticut was another story. I felt terrible from New Jersey all the way home. The "morning" sickness hit with a vengeance...even with the Zofran I was on. Thankfully, Jon found enough bags in the car to last until we pulled into our garage. Sorry if that's tmi, but it is the truth. This week has also been a struggle for me. First of all, I really hate the term "morning sickness" since for me it seems to last all day. I would love if it was only morning sickness but that's just not the way my body works. At this point, I'm 13 weeks along with the little bean growing inside me so hopefully that means that it's just another couple weeks of feeling this way. We'll see. I just tell myself all the time that the end product is worth it.

No comments: