Sunday, December 16, 2007

we've arrived in virginia...


...and are settling into our new home here. We have many boxes left to unpack but we've been blessed with the helpful hands of my parents and the overwhelming kindness from our new church the past couple days.

We arrived in Virginia Wednesday evening after a quick and easy house closing in Asheville. Once we arrived in Virginia, we went straight to our new church for dinner and then Jon had rehearsal. Talk about tired!!! The following morning we did the walk-through and closing on our new house. The truck with our furniture and other belongings was scheduled to arrive the following morning (Friday) so we camped out for our first night in our new home. Friday morning was filled with activity as the movers arrived promptly at 8:00 and began unloading the truck and loading the house. It's amazing how much stuff we have...not quite sure how that happened! Several hours later, my parents arrived and they were a huge help for us. They kept Dylan occupied which allowed us to attend to other things. Once the movers left, the unpacking began. It's an ongoing process, but we certainly were able to get a lot done Friday and Saturday. It was great to have Dad here, too, because he installed a new over-the-range microwave and did other odds and ends around the house.

We do hope to have visitors in time. For the next month or so, we'll be unpacking boxes but after that, just let us know when you'd like to come for a visit!

3 comments:

trace said...

nice house! glad the move went well. can't wait to see you during the holidays!

Volpack said...

Thanks for the picture. We were hoping you made it all right. Lily saw the picture and said she would like to come play with Dylan tonight. I told her that would be a little too far to drive in one night.

Hope you continue to rest through the holidays,

Bryan

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jon and Carrie! I am SOO glad to hear that all has gone well with your move thus far. I did a yahoo/mapquest type search and figured out that you are less than an hour from Amelia Court House, where my old riding instructor Sue has her home and barn. I think a trip to VA to see her and all of you is DEFINITELY on the list of future travel plans! As soon as I secure a city job here with good benefits, I will let you know and start planning. Enjoy your new home- which looks beautiful- and hopefully I will see you the end of next week. Love you all! Aimee