This past weekend was busy, busy, busy! And I didn't even know the half of it before it began!
Saturday afternoon we were planning to attend a bar-b-que at our friends' house in the neighborhood. This was to be a Labor Day party which didn't strike me as odd since all the kids here in Mechanicsville were to be back in school Tuesday for a new school year. Why not end the summer with a party? I made my veggie platter and we headed to Matt and Sarah's (our friends who hosted the party).
Upon entering their home, the words, "SURPRISE!" took me a bit off guard. I noticed many decorations with the number "30" on them and then to my shock, I saw my parents, grandma, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, Jon's parents, Jon's aunt and uncle, and Jon's two cousins as well as many friends who live right here in town. WOW. I was shocked. For those of you who don't know, my whole family and Jon's parents live in Connecticut and the rest of Jon's family who was there live in Williamsburg (about 1 hour away). The surprise was incredible and indescribable. This was a birthday to remember. I feel so honored and blessed that family and friends would take the time to help plan and come to my birthday celebration (which was early b/c I'll have a newborn and be pretty much delirious when my actual 30th does arrive--good thinking, Jon!). I know it wasn't a convenient weekend for many, but it meant the world to me. So thank you everybody for making me feel so special!
I don't actually have pictures yet of the big event, but I did catch a precious moment of Dylan playing in the dirt with GG, his great grandma. Matt did make us a dvd of the occasion which I know I'll treasure. The video below shows Dylan dancing the chicken dance to a music card from GG. He really gets into it!

5 comments:
So Cute!!!
Sarah
That is absolutely precious! Thanks for making me smile today!
That's so funny! He's a great chicken-dancer, and I'm sure he'll thank you for that video when he's in his teens. :)
Hey girl. So sorry we missed the surprise party, but we were thinking of you. Sounds like it was a great time.
AND I can't believe you have thank you cards done already. Shocking :~)
Hi. I just popped by. I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I hope the next few weeks will be great for you.
I'm not doing MOPS this year, so I will miss the opportunity to get to know you better. But I just got a warm-fuzzy feeling when we met, and I just know it was the Holy Spirit in you connecting with the Holy Spirit in me. I'm sorry we didn't get a better chance to connect before our paths "un-crossed."
So know I will be praying for you & your family and all the changes you are going through. God bless you!
Post a Comment