Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of july



We had so much fun on the 4th of July! Our day began with a neighborhood parade. This is the kind of parade where there are more participants than there are onlookers. The parade began with children and parents assembling at the clubhouse with bicycles, strollers, and wagons decorated with red, white and blue everywhere. A firetruck, police car and ambulance also participated. This was pretty exciting for Dylan, as you can probably imagine. This was also Tucker's first wagon ride. He seemed to enjoy himself but Dylan wasn't especially keen on sharing such close quarters with his little brother.


In the afternoon, we drove to Williamsburg for a visit with Jon's aunt, uncle and cousin. We all had a fun time together and thoroughly enjoyed spending lots of time in their pool. While there, Dylan figured out how to propel himself through the water by kicking his legs. We're still working on the paddling part. The day ended with the chocolate incident. I'll post about that the next chance I get!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Jesters said...

I love those neighborhood parades. They're so fun for everyone!