Wednesday, August 26, 2009

July in CT

We spent another couple weeks of July in Connecticut with our families. The time flew as it always does and our schedules were pretty packed with lots to do and people to see. We went to Weed Beach with Jon's parents. Believe it or not, it was the first time Dylan and Tucker have ever been to a beach. Sad, I know. We spent time with Jon's brother and sister-in-law celebrating the July family birthdays.

While up at my parents' house, we spent lots of time with my nephew who came up with his own name for my youngest, Tuckie. Dylan and Jeremiah played so well together. They are boys through and through and barely paused a moment for my very pregnant sister and me to catch up. We also had a shower for my sister-in-law, Anne, who is expecting her first baby with my brother in just about a month. We're very very excited to welcome a new little baby into the family and cannot wait to meet this little one.

We took Dylan and Tucker swimming in the lake where my dad grew up. Later, Dylan went fishing from a boat with his Grandpa Sam. When they returned from their fishing trip, I asked what he caught and he replied excitedly, "A WORM!" Before leaving for the lake, Dylan hunted for worms with my dad in the backyard. Dylan was excited over "catching" the bait. Oh, to have the excitement of an almost three-year-old! There's so much I'm leaving out, but I have a little boy crawling into my lap competing for my attention. I think he's going to win.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

christiejones said...

Hi Carrie, Sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for your comment on my blog. We are moving to Orange County, NY. Crazy huh! We are excited, actually we move in a couple of weeks. I hate I won't be able to help your friend when she comes to town. I could always have one of my friends get in touch with her though. Just let me know if that interests her! Enjoy those boys. :)

The Jesters said...

Haha! What did you catch - "A WORM!" It's all about having a good time when you're a kid, who cares what the "real" rules are. :)