Thursday, December 10, 2009

a fly-by fall : september

It's been almost exactly three months since my last post. For that, I'm sorry. I know a bunch of you are on Facebook so I've become pretty lazy with my blog updates and picture posting. My original intent of this blog was to keep out of town family and friends in the loop of our lives once Dylan came into the picture. So, without further ado, I'll fill you in with all the events since early September...and there were a lot!

September is a busy busy month for the Gibson/Samuelson clan. My mother-in-law's birthday, my mom's birthday, Tucker's birthdays all fall between the 11th and 28th. This year, the newest additions were also born to my brother and sister-in-law and to my sister and brother-in-law: Isaac and Caleb. We were thrilled to welcome them into the fold. I had the opportunity to take a quick road trip with my boys to meet these new baby boys when Isaac was two weeks old and Caleb was just two days old. Jon and I were able to go up just a couple weeks later with Dylan and Tucker to see Caleb again (Mat, Anne and Isaac were away from New England during this trip so, unfortunately, we couldn't hold Isaac again). I did feel a little bad for the new babies when we spent time at my parents' house because Dylan, Jeremiah and Tucker are in a very active (and loud) stage and require a lot of attention/supervision. Those poor babies didn't get the same "ooh-ing" and "aah-ing" that Dylan and Jer got. I felt the same, but just wasn't able to express it as much as I would have liked.



Isaac and Caleb get to know one another. These cousins were born just 13 days apart!


Tucker's first birthday was a fun celebration. Here's his first cupcake. He seemed to enjoy it a whole lot more than Dylan did on his first birthday.

Dylan's first day of preschool. He started this September in a 2 day/week class for 2 1/2 year olds. He was very excited! There are a couple kids in his class who he knows from church which seemed to make for a smooth adjustment.


Tucker is one year old!
.

No comments: