Wednesday, January 25, 2012
back to diapering
Remember a while ago (okay, years ago) when I did my cloth diaper experiment? You can read about it here and here if you would like a refresher. ;) Well, it's gone well and has turned into much more than an experiment. I have fully delved into the cloth diaper world. Did you even know that such a world existed? It has its own lingo and everything. AIO, AI2, Pockets, Prefolds, Liners, Snappis, and so much more. Whew! It's a bit overwhelming at first but I'm pretty used to it now. In fact, I decided to take on a project and convert my aplix (another word for velcro) Bumgenius diapers (that little Dylan modeled a few years ago on this blog) into snap diapers. The aplix wasn't holding up over time and they would come loose while Chloe was wearing them which would then scratch her chubby little legs. You get the picture. It was time for me to do something about it. I watched a couple Youtube videos and decided that I could figure it out myself. All I needed was a pair of Snap Pliers and some snaps. I am not crafty at all. Truth be told, many of my craft attempts end up as a failure heap somewhere in my trash can. But, I was bound and determined to get some more use out of these diapers that were, in my opinion, no longer usable. I ordered the snap pliers from KamSnaps and watched the videos. I was ready! I finished my first diaper and was thrilled with the results. Even I could do this! And just to prove it, I am posting a picture of Chloe wearing a grasshopper Bumgenius SNAP diaper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The right tools make all the difference. So cute and practical and smart! And how many times have you wished you could snap other things together over some of the other enclosures that are on clothing? Now you can, right! Endless possibilities, Carrie. Nice job! (Now, about that glue gun....)
Good job, Carrie! I am also not crafty, so I'm impressed with any successful do-it-yourself project. :) Chloe looks really cute in her colorful diapers!
Post a Comment