Jon and I were blessed to have a date night last night! This is a pretty infrequent occurrence. It just so happened that his Friday night class was cancelled last night (woo hoo!!!) and a sweet as can be church friend/family gave us some movie tickets and a free night of babysitting for Christmas. Needless to say, we "cashed in" our gift last night. We had dinner AND a movie! I honestly can't remember the last time we did both those things in one evening. It was wonderful to spend some time with Jon and do something we would have done at any given time before having children. We learned a valuable lesson, though. Make a plan next time! We figured we'd just play it by ear which is what I do best!
I'm not a planner/organizer at heart so I like to go with the flow. Last night, this meant getting a quick-ish dinner that did not involve chicken nuggets, ketchup, or cutting food into little pieces for another human. We knew there were a bunch of movies at the theater starting in the 1/2 hour between 7:30-8:00 pm, so we'd just choose the one closest to the time we arrived. So, last night we settled in to watch "The Grey" with Liam Neeson. I like Liam Neeson. I like grey/gray (whatever). Sidenote, I was even wearing a grey shirt ;). Movie Spoiler Alert: This was probably one of the top three most depressing movies I've ever seen! BUT, for some reason I walked out of the theater with a little skip in my step and a smile on my face. Why? I went to dinner and a movie on a date with my husband while my children were at home with two people I completely trust. Life is good.
Saturday, February 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yay for date night! I hope this can be a semi-regular occurance for you two if things ever settle down a little! :)
Post a Comment