
I had such a nice time Saturday at my Connecticut shower. Thank you everyone who made the day a very special one for me. I was incredibly blessed by those of you who took the time to be there and help us out as we start our family with baby gib. My aunt Heidi wrote a devotional that was especially touching. She has known me since my birth and has seen me grow through different challenges and opportunities throughout my 27-almost-28 years. She closed her devotional (read by Tracie--thanks Tracie!) with two verses, "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it" and "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight." Jon and I will need to always keep these words in the forefront of our minds as we build our family with a strong foundation.
Take note of the growing belly! This is my parents' country kitchen and I'm in the right place in front of the desserts!

2 comments:
Carrie, wish I could have made it to your shower, but I love this blog you have. I have just enjoyed doing a little catch up on what's been going on. And I really like the pic's. You look great! and ya, that is surprising that your hair is getting darker...like Sarah's. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the shower :)
Thanks Fawn...great to hear from you! I look forward to seeing you next time we're in Massachusetts!
Post a Comment