
It's been an interesting few days. As I'm about to embark on a new adventure and phase in life, I've taken some time to reflect on where I am, where I am going, and where I've been. Jon and I have had nearly 5 1/2 wonderful years of marriage. Before that, we had nearly 1 1/2 years of being engaged and before that we had about 1 1/2 years of dating. Even before all that, we knew each other as acquaintances and then friends for a few years. I am so grateful for the time we have been able to share together before welcoming this baby into the world.
June 16, 2001 marked our wedding day and the beginning of our marriage. Our baby's birth day will mark the beginning of a new phase in our life together. It will be exciting to see and
experience what God has in store for us. But for today, I'll take some time to reminisce on what life has been for the two of us. These pictures are from our wedding day and honeymoon--some of my favorite memories. And one of these days we'll get back to Bermuda!

3 comments:
great post carrie.
maybe we can get back to bermuda together? kris and I keep saying the same thing...one of these days...
Nice pics! I like what you said about being grateful for the time you have been able to share together before bringing a baby into the world. The timeline Joe and I seem to be following is very similar to yours. This weekend marks 5 years after our first official date...been married now almost 2 1/2 years and probably 2 years from now we'll be thinking about adding a baby into the mix. Crazy how it just seems to fly by! :) Happy Belated Birthday and here's hoping for the arrival of the newest Gibson!
Love the pics...I can hardly believe you and Jon had been married for only a month or so before I moved to Connecticut! I'm still so thankful that I had a wonderful year with you two! Ahh, the movie nights, Sanctuary, retreats, etc! I'm celebrating with you both (and the little Gib)! Thinking of you lots as the day draws near!
Post a Comment