Sunday, October 01, 2006

missed...

This weekend marked the third anniversary of my grandpa's unexpected death. My aunt Tracie wrote a little bit about him in her blog and I love the way she describes him and the way he lived life with his God and his family.

As I inch closer to my due date, I think of my grandpa who I deeply miss. I am sad that he will not be able to meet his first great-grandchild and I am sad that my child will not have the opportunity to meet this wonderful man. I am, however, so thankful that this child will have the chance to spend time with his great grandma and know the legacy that Grandpa left through the family who will share in the life of this little one. I love this picture of my grandparents kissing my sister on her cheeks. I am blessed to have a loving family who comes together during the difficult times as well as the easier, happy times.

Jon and I miss you, Grandpa.

2 comments:

trace said...

great tribute Carrie. We missed you guys at dinner today.

17 days!

Anonymous said...

Hi Girlie!
I love how you keep updating this with all of the exciting and wonderful things that are happening in your life. I am so happy for all of you!

Love,

Chrissy