Thursday, November 02, 2006

dylan update

Our first few days home were somewhat challenging. Dylan had some jaundice, so we needed to have some lights brought to our home so that we could put him under them around the clock. This was difficult because the main thing we wanted to do after coming home was hold him and look at him all day long but the only times we were supposed to take the little guy out were for feeding and changing. Grandma Nancy was a tremendous help during this time. Jon affectionately called these lights (look above) Dylan's tanning bed. That bit of humor helped us deal a little better.

We are now doing very well. Dylan is opening his eyes more and more. This week he had his two week checkup and after the nurse took his measurements she let us know that he grew two inches in the past two weeks! So we're thinking that he's going to be a big boy considering that fact along with the size of his hands and feet.

That's all for now...I'll continue to post pictures as I find a bit of time. Dylan's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Rick are looking after him at the moment so I can have a little bit of time for this update. Stay tuned for more Gibson news....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh he's so cute! I wish I had that sort of spa treatment as a baby...my own tanning bed. haha I'm glad to hear he's doing well and what a big boy already! This is so exciting I can not wait to meet him!

Beth