Thursday, June 05, 2008

mat and anne's visit

The weekend of Mat's birthday, Anne surprised Mat with a roadtrip and visited us here in Virginia. We were so happy to have them here and it was fun to see Dylan interact and play with them too. He especially seemed to like playing with Anne. One day during the visit, the five of us drove into Washington D.C. and toured as much as we could with a 19 month old and my preggie self. We took a private tour of the Pentagon given by a childhood friend of Jon's and then went to Arlington Cemetery. Both were much larger than I would have ever suspected and it was neat to be there during Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time with Mat and Anne and look forward to seeing them in another month.

This weekend brings more visiting family. My cousin and her family will be arriving tomorrow for a HOT weekend! When I checked the forecast today, it said Saturday's projected high will be 100 degrees. I guess we'll be at the pool or inside with a/c! Thankfully the humidity hasn't quite settled in yet. Yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This heat & humidity is awful... gotta love Asheville summers (though I suspect you guys have worse heat your way!)

My sister's due in just about a month! Wow!

I hope you & the family are doing well!