Monday, June 09, 2008

news and other stuff

Family news...
We are very excited to welcome Anne into the family. This past weekend, Mat and Anne became an engaged couple and we couldn't be happier for the two (they're both pictured in the post below).

Weekend update...
Also this past weekend, we welcomed Erika, Nick and Emma into our home. They spent the weekend with us and we had a great time with them. Unfortunately, it was HOT outside so we had to find some indoor activities to keep the little ones busy. One day, we went the the Children's Museum of Richmond. This is definitely a place we'll be bringing Dylan back to on a hot or rainy day. The museum is filled with all sorts of fun activities for children of all ages and Dylan had a ball. Emma especially loved the balloons scattered throughout the place. Both Dylan and Emma received a balloon on our way out as well. You can imagine their delight! It was a fun weekend and Dylan and Emma seemed to get along exceptionally well, much to our relief. We all had a great time watching their interactions and just spending time with one another.
Other stuff...
On another note, today marked my very first experience with cloth diapers. Last week, I ordered a few bumGenius pocket diapers. These are known throughout the cloth diaper world as extremely user-friendly and a great option for people making a switch from disposables to cloth. The first diaper I tried on Dylan leaked ever so slightly and I think I just didn't have the insert flat in the dipe. The rest were fine and tonight will be my first experience washing these. I'll let you know how the process goes but so far, so good! From what my mom says, cloth diapers have come a looong way since I was a baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your prego tummy! You look beautiful. Also, John wants to know when you guys are coming back to CT??? Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Love the bumGenius...thinking about those for this next little one. Also, the gDiapers are cool...you can compost them! Missing you guys and hope all is well.

gibsonfam said...

Lisa--Yes, the G diapers are cool! We tried them in Asheville. I liked them and they were super easy (and oh, so cute!). I just didn't keep up because the inserts were more than I wanted to spend. But I did find my starter pack at Amazing Savings for a incredible discount.

Anonymous said...

love the pic of Dylan looking through the egg...so CUTE!

sarah

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It is always wonderful to have new people stop by. If you have any questions whatsoever about the cloth dipes, I would love to help in any way. I've been amazed at how much I've liked them. Oh, and P.S. If you still have your gdiapers but don't want to spend $$ on the inserts, they work really well as covers for fitted diapers.