Wednesday, August 02, 2006

the room

Last time I was in Connecticut for a visit, Jon and his friend, Ken, worked hard on baby gib's room. Since we don't know the sex, we opted for a gender neutral theme (which I probably would have done anyway) of green and brown. Jon and Ken took down a border that came with the house, prepped the walls, and painted them brown. Jon's description of the walls are "melted chocolate ice cream brown" which I think is pretty accurate! While it's not edible, I'm really happy with the color. After working on the walls, the two of them put together this crib which I love. This is pretty much the room so far. We have yet to paint an older dresser and put some new hardware on it to serve as our changing table and the closet is now full of Jon's stuff so we'll have to figure out something to do with that. Most houses here do not have basements so we have to be strategic in how we store a lot of this stuff--or get rid of it!

2 comments:

trace said...

so far, so good! baby gib likes mission-style furniture - good taste!

gibsonfam said...

Yeah, it's amazing how opinionated they can be from the womb...Em and her coke and fritos and this one with his/her coke and urban burrito (my biggest craving so far-it's a local yummy burrito place). :)